Yeah, I know, Lent just started. We’re looking out to the next big event. That’s the M.I. Drive. This campaign, often referred to as the “Tootsie Roll Drive” is really a “Campaign for People with Intellectual Disabilities” The nickname is due to the nature of the fundraiser, in which Knights distribute candy bars, very often specially marked Tootsie Rolls in exchange for donations used to support programs geared to improve the Quality of Life for people with Disabilities, in particular, Special Olympics. So please, if you happen to see our Men & Women Members and Volunteers out on Columbus Day Weekend please find it in your hearts to donate.
And that brings me to YOUR part! We’re looking for a few guys to take 2 hours shifts during the weekend. If you can help us out and sign up, that would be very wonderful, The good news is, we’re no longer on the roadways. We parked Dick Waligore at 31and Van Dyke for years and he survived – amazingly! If Mr. Waligore can dodge traffic all those years, you’ll be able to make a tremendous impact at a safe retail environment. Please have a look at the spots available – CLICK HERE.
Almont 4 Corners
Romeo Marathon 32 Mile and M53
Romeo Post Office
Romeo Tractor Supply
- Ronald Schmidt was named Honorary Life. CLICK HERE to read all the exciting details.
- The illustrious Jim Burns was named February Knight of the Month. Jim and Joanne Parker are our Family of the Month. Jim Burns and Jim Parker have been leaders in our Council for many years. Our Council success today was built on the faith and action of guys like this. Please congratulate them when you see them around the church. And, of course, there’s more details here – LINK
- Gary Kopp is leading an effort to rehab Compassion Pregnancy Center. More info and details are here. – LINK. If you know how to swing a hammer, come on along and join the fun.
- The Knights have a new On-Line membership program. Full details here – LINK.
- Our K-12 and college scholarships are now open and accepting applications. Paper applications can be picked up at the parish office or you can download them here – LINK.
- The February Knightline is available here – LINK.
That’s all the news that new. Sign up for the MI Drive – please!
Thanks and God Bless
Brian and Mike